Network Manager / Network Lead Engineer
Reports to: Head of Technical Services
As one of the UK’s leading providers of converged communications, our growth and strategy has created a unique opportunity for an experienced lead network engineer to be involved in the design, implementation and support of a brand new data network with supervisory responsibilities which would suit a technical lead or network manager.
Nine have earned a strong reputation for delivering complex voice solutions including manufacturing such as Mitel, Avaya and BT Broadsoft. We have recently implemented our own hosted voice network which moves us from being an aggregator of a carrier service to a carrier in our own right. Our challenge is to create our own data network, creating the same movement up the supply chain as we have done with our voice network, by creating carrier grade data network infrastructure to carry Internet traffic for Broadband and Direct Internet Access customers. This will provide the ability to offer our customers a seamless wraparound solution of voice and data. This creates an opportunity for a highly motivated and focused individual to join the expanding Nine Group of Companies with the same level of expertise and knowledge gained from a data network background.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Developing the network design in conjunction with Product Architect
- To implement the network design in Nine’s chosen locations
- Work with Product Architect to design the support processes and communicate these out to the support teams within Nine.
- Occasionally to support Nine’s partners in the implementation and support of their own customer installations to help gain insight into every aspect of delivery
- To monitor and maintain the data network infrastructure and respond to and resolve any faults that may arise using diagnostic tools and vendor support.
- To implement a process for monitoring and auditing security of the new data network infrastructure
- Additionally take on responsibility for all the above aspects with respect to the hosted voice network.
- Develop the network team, incorporating hosted voice engineers into new Data team and developing skillsets
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Juniper (or Cisco) certifications
- Proficient in the operation and management of routers and switches (qualified to JNCP or CCNA or equivalent) including experience with BGP, OSPF and load balancing
- Strong knowledge of IP based technologies
- Experience of working with IPv4 and IPv6
- Experience of implementing and troubleshooting security (including firewalls, auditing events, threat analysis etc.)
- Working knowledge of Linux with DNS and Radius administration an advantage
- Knowledge of IP Voice / SIP an advantage
- Full understanding of the architectural and engineering design and integration process of data networks.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizing multiple objectives and initiatives.
- Strong client service oriented and ability to interact with clients, staff, and management teams.
- Good verbal and written business communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, with a high degree of initiative, and within a collaborative team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- The ability to install and maintain complex solutions in an ever evolving market place.
- The ability to problem solve in a logical manner in order to rectify customer issues efficiently.
- The ability and drive to learn and work with new technologies and products as required.